Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rejuvenated........

Jon took this with his iphone. Edie pushed the high chair up to the sofa...(see the sofa arm there on the left...just barely!) She then climbed up on the sofa and across the tray into the chair. Not to be outdone....Ella followed her lead...

We have this bizarre small drawer under our double ovens...I assume it was meant for baking pans but you can't fit very many pans in it...what you can fit though is a 15 month old....


We had a great time in Florida...nice and relaxing!!! Just what the mommy ordered!!! There were 4 of us girls and we all enjoyed the rest and relaxation. I slept until 10 most days...ate and drank whenever and whatever I wanted! With the heat and humidity though I did not eat/drink near as much as I thought I would. I brought my friend Victoria with me and we met 2 of my long time friends in Louisiana and drove from there to Perdido Key! We had 3 full days on the beach, a night at the famous Flora-Bama, and nights filled with fun girl talk and it was FABULOUS!!!
Here is a picture from our balcony...it's blurry because every time I would bring my camera out to take a picture the lens would fog due to the humidity...


We ate out on the balcony most nights...it was usually boiled shrimp, salad, cheese and olive trays, etc.....


a view of our stretch of beach from our beach chairs....


our beach chairs that were set out for us each day.......by really cute beach boys...VERY VERY underage beach boys!!!


Since we had Victoria along and she had never been to New Orleans we decided to stop in on our way to Florida for lunch....we walked around and did some touristy shopping for a couple hours....it was fun and nice to show her around a little....we ate lunch at this little place called The Coffee Pot....it has a great tiny courtyard...


I highly recommend getting away for a girls trip...it was hard to make the plans because I was worried about being away from E Squared for so long...I miss them terribly when I work 12 hours shifts so I worried about not seeing them AT ALL for 6 days in a row. I did well I thought...I missed them but I was still able to have a great time and now that I am home I feel refreshed...I guess!!!

6 comments:

Danifred said...

Good for you and some girl time! It's always so nice to get away for some true rest and refreshment.
We have the same silly drawer under our double ovens. I find it perfect for all of our barbecuing equipment!

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh. I.Am.So.Jealous. I wanna come with you next time you have a girl's trip. I love the FloriBama!!!! My grandparents used to stay in Gulf Shores and we always had a blast going to visit them. Fun...

Now, that first picture you posted? Scares the crap out of me, the little monkeys!

Adriane said...

That picture of the girls climbing into the chair cracked me up!!!

I can't believe you got to go on a girls trip to FL. Sounds like so much fun. I am beyond jealous.

Oh, and we have the drawer underneath our double ovens, too. I think there are placemats in ours. I'm sure it's a perfect seat for the girls!

Amanda said...

I just had a heart attack looking at that first picture!!! OMG!!!

I'm glad you had fun on your vacation! I want to go on a girl's trip!

Kelly B said...

Hi. Looks like things are going well! I love that you got to go on a girl's trip. That is important and it sounded fun. Things are good here...I am floating still. :)

Take care, Kelly

sara said...

Beautiful! Sounds like a great trip. I love the photo of her in the drawer. It is super funny, LOL!