Tuesday, May 20, 2008

CHUNKY MONKIES !!!!!!!!!!

We brought Edie and Ella to the pediatrician today for their 2 month check up and dreaded vaccinations -- they each got FOUR shots. I kid you not -- FOUR...... it was much worse for mommy than them but they did do a little protesting. I have given them tylenol "just in case" but hopefully they will not feel too bad. On the way to the doctor Jon and I played a little guessing game to see who would come closer to their weights.
My guess -- Edie 8 1/2 pounds
Ella 6 1/2 pounds
Jons guess -- Edie 8 pounds
Ella 6 pounds 13 ounces

It's a darn good thing neither of our jobs require much estimating -- WE SUCK AT IT!!! Real stats are...........
Edia 10 pounds 13.8 ounces and 23 3/4 inches long (birth was 19 1/2 inches and 6 pounds)
Ella 8 pounds 9.2 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long (birth was 17 1/2 inches and 4 lbs 10 oz)

Boy were we way off huh!!!!!!!!!

When we had our professional pictures done I had this memory board made for Jon -- those who know us know that he is quite the Alabama Crimson Tide fan -- it turned out awesome.

My good friend Mrs Solomon, her daughters and friends from the East coast had a shower for Edie and Ella this weekend -- the theme was "books and bonnets". It was wonderful. We got so many great childrens books and hats for their bald little heads. The theme was a great idea because everyone brought their favorite childrens book so we got some amazing books for them to have read to them. They also made this diaper cake which I loved --- whoever started this diaper cake idea is a genius. What a great gift/centerpiece.

Here is Edies (chubby) thigh -- showing off her band aid after getting 2 of the 4 shots in the left thigh.

Here is Ella snuggling with her daddy after getting shots -- bless her little heart!!!

Here is Rubi -- she did not get any shots. She is taking advantage of the quiet time -- nightime is rough around here.

Rubi making sure Edie doesn't have any leftover milk on her chin !!!

Just napping..................

The result of a "night night" drive................









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog since the day it came to my email. I anxiously waited fo the day the first pics of Ella and Edie were posted on the blog. Since ya'll are so far away. I check the blog at least every 2 to 3 days to keep up with how fast my nieces are growing. They are so beautiful! I can't wait till the day comes and we will be able to eet them. There cousins, "my kids" have also been keeping up with the new pics that hav been posted as well. They thinks that Ella and Edie ar just sooo cute. And that is what their Aunt Tina thinks of Ella and Edie. Love coming all the way from Louisiana!