Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Half a year old........

*** I am posting this a day early because we are heading to Monterey, CA for our 5 year anniversary and Edie and Ella's half birthday which are both tomorrow



My oh my....where has the time gone??? E squared is already 6 months old. That is half a year people!! I have a stack of pictures from the day they were born that my friend Lauren took and I keep looking at them over and over and over......it's unreal that these are the same little people. Born at 6 pounds and 4 pounds 10 ounces BUT now pushing 16 pounds and 15 pounds respectively. They are wonderful little ones.........we have been blessed that's for sure -- they were well worth the wait.

I went back to work on Thursday. It wasn't hard like I thought it might be - I actually enjoyed it. It's great to get back out there and feel like I am contributing again......even though I am doing alot by being with the girls at home. Jon was home with them and they had a wonderful "first full day" together.........IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM. Yeah that's right.....in the E.R.!!!

Poor guy -- he feels terrible. As he was trying to juggle both babies, he left Ella on the bed to run to the living room and get Edie....he thought this would be a safe option because little Ella hasn't been much of a roller.......UNTIL THEN!!! So he built her a pillow fort and sure enough she navigated that fort and landed on her little noggin right on the hard wood floor. She has a goose egg to say the least. He brought her to see me at the hospital hoping that the car ride would get them to go to sleep......since they hadn't napped all day for him.......I decided to take her in to get checked out. She had her very first (and hopefully very last) skull xray. No fractures. I got to look at it with the radiologist (perk of working there) and she had a suspicious area but he decided it was a venous channel and not a fracture...that made me a little nervous BUT all is well -- aside from her little lopsided noggin.

I will leave you with a VERY long photo montage.....it's hard to sum up such a beautiful life. (click on the picture below and don't forget to turn on your speakers -- the music makes it)
Enjoy 6 months in 6 minutes............

View this montage created at One True Media
half a year old.........

10 comments:

Amanda said...

OMG, I'm so glad Ella is ok. That's scary.

I'm glad work is going well for you!

And...HAPPY 1/2 BDAY GIRLS!!! I hope y'all have a good trip to Monterey. I will have to watch the slideshow when I get home from work since our firewall here own't let me!

Sarah said...

Awwww, I feel like I know your girls ( : Happy Half Birthday Edie and Ella from half a country away....Sarah & Claire

Shannon said...

Happy Half-Birthday E Squared! Time does go back fast, doesn't it?

And Happy Anniversary to you & Jon :) Enjoy your trip to Monterey!

So glad Ella is ok. Tell Jon not to be too hard on himself... it happens to the best of us! I once slipped and fell down about 4 steps while holding my oldest daughter (she was about 4 months old at the time)!

Photo montage was great... I'm going to have to do that one of these days!

Erin said...

Wow how scary!! I love your montage. What a fun thing to have and the music is so great.

When are we going to go on that walk?

sara said...

So glad to hear the everyone is okay! Hope work continues to go well and happy half birthday little ones :-) Thanks for thinking of me lately...

sara said...

What an awesome video of photos - I absolutely loved it!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Aww! What a precious video! Happy Half B-day Ella & Edie!

Poor Jon! Emma fell off the bed with me and Abby fell off the bed with PJ. We felt horrible when it happened but they were okay. So glad Ella is okay.

Have fun on your vacation!!!!

Erica said...

Glad everyone is okay! Happy anniversary & 1/2 birthday! Loved the picture montage and music!
ttfn

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Yikes! What a day!

I am glad that everyone is doing well.

Happy anniversary and happy 1/2 birthday, E-squared!

I loved the photo montage (and the music). We just got back from Maui and heard that song live, by a guy on the beach with a eukalele (sp?). It was amazing.

jane said...

2 wonderful milestones!! The girls are BEAUTIFUL!!! You guys are the best parents, the girls are lucky little ones!! God Bless You all!! Love Jim and Jane