Thursday, October 9, 2008

On your mark......Get set......GO!!!

Edie and Ella had a great time yesterday at their very first cross country running meet. Our friend Dante had his last meet of the season so we headed out to watch him strut his stuff. It was a nice day out......fortunately. I usually have a great sense of direction and can be fairly organized......pre babies that is. I feel so scattered and messy nowadays. I was to meet by BFF Keleakai (Ds mommy... well Mom now that he is a cool teenager) at S.pring Lake for the run at 1:30... we finally made it to her at 2:20 because I went to the wrong lake and me, BOB and E Squared ended up walking the bazillion miles (in my 5 dollar Wal Mart flip flops)(which turn out to be quite comfortable) until we found them. The great news is that the girls ran first and we made it in plenty of time to see Dante run.......he came in 10th OVERALL for the entire season.....OUT OF 5 SCHOOLS!!!! Not too shabby if I do say so myself!!!
I had the wonderful idea of painting onesies for E squared to wear in support of Dante......Ella's said Dante and Edie's said Rocks........DANTE ROCKS. So when we FINALLY made it to the race and found Dante we held up the girls to show off their support and shouted out DANTE ROCKS.......well if someone could have told me beforehand that this would embarass the HELL out of an almost 13 year old boy that would have been nice. Sorry Dante!!! That growing up thing happened overnight......So I turned 21 (plus 13) yesterday and this little "embarass the teenager" incident really solidified for me that.........I'M ALL GROWN UP!!! CRAP!!!
Ella with K.eleakai.......
Isn't he gorgeous......

3 comments:

The Adventures of Carrie, Brook, Finn and Reid said...

Cool idea on the t-shirts! Dante will appreciate it in a few years...

And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Shannon said...

I thought the onsies were a great idea! Glad you made it there in time to see Dante run. Going to the wrong place is totally something I would do.

Anonymous said...

I go to the wrong place all the time.
I bet he was really quite pleased with the attention, but needed to act cool in front of his peers.
Those are some little cuties I wish I could hold them NOW!
Honey T