Thursday, June 5, 2008

Say it isn't so..............

12 Weeks. 3 months. Oh my gosh -- my babies are no longer newborns. And still not sleeping through the night. Not even half the night. It feels like yesterday that they were born but on the other hand it feels like I can't remember life before them. I certainly can't imagine my life without them. I often daydream (can't night dream when you don't sleep at night) about getting away to some sunny luxurious resort for some fun -- oh who am I kidding ... I don't care if its' sunny. Or luxurious for that matter. As long as there is a bed there. A nice cushy bed... like the one at Westin St. Francis in San Francisco..(the best bed I have ever slept in)! Oh and no crying babies... they can be there if they would like but they would not be allowed to cry. JUST ONE NIGHT. That's all I ask -- ONE FULL NIGHT.
Even with rare 3 hours stretches of sleep -- I would not trade ANY of it. These girls ROCK!!! I have enjoyed getting to know their little personalities. Dressing them in their pretty little clothes. Taking tons of pictures of them. Kissing them. Smelling them. Well -- just everything about them. I am looking forward to watching them grow (just not so fast -- slow it down already). Here are some pictures..... some of them are just a few of my favorites over these past 12 weeks (there are many, many favorites but time and space do not allow me to upload them all) then I did a comparison with a few........ ENJOY !!!

Here is Ella in her swing -- the D's are still earning their keep...... ( yes! I realize her outfit is filthy. Jon is not so diligent (sp) with placing the cloth on her when she eats and she is quite messy. She had spent the morning with him here....)
Edie...... LOVES LOVES LOVES her swing!!!
Edie holding her own bottle for the first time -- by sheer coincidence. I really can't wait until this skill is actually mastered by them......... what age does that happen anyway???
I love Ellas sweet face -- she loves to pose for the camera.

Remember our au pair.... Rubi. Oh poor Rubi. She is still loved just as much but she is SOOOO not used to coming in ...well, third in our case. She is great with Edie and Ella but since our time is limited she does not get exercised as much as before BUT her energy level has remained the same (HIGH) so she seems a bit more mischievous. She just needs more attention. One day sweet Rubi... just be patient with me.
This is one of my favorites because -- well... it's just plain cute. I know it's probably mean BUT it's funny when they scream. The sound is NOT funny but the faces they make are. This is a great depiction of their personalities though. Ella - while she has her days - is the more laid back baby. Edie has a short period EVERY day of screaming. She is fairly easily consolable but she likes to keep her pipes from getting rusty. Ella generally has a screaming spell only a couple times per week.
Edie and her paci.....
Ella looking cute..........
A couple of snuggly pictures..........we have less of these than before. They aren't as cuddly as they were.
Edie -- giving us a glimpse of "the real her" -- we just didn't realize it yet......... we like to call her grumpasaurus!!!!!!!!!!!! Jon thinks it's the outfit I had her in that she was protesting... I love the outfit! Zutano brand.... it's great.
Now for some comparisons. Then and Now!!!!
Ella in her first bath.......
and her........well I don't know how many baths she has had. ALOT!
Edie in her first bath...............
AND.................
Ella in the NICU...............
and in her crib...............
Edie in her car seat on the way home from the hospital...........
and in her crib..............
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!! They are huge............ but aren't they sweet. Now we leave you with some mobile fun. They love this mobile....... from Jons coworkers. Not quite as effective as the Ds but fun just the same!!! Happy 12 weeks!!!!





















5 comments:

Erica said...

The girls are precious! Time really does fly by....my baby will be 2 on the 13th!!!!! Anyway, thanks for all your comments on my blog...I check yours every few days and thoroughly enjoy it! Take care!
ttfn
erica

Anonymous said...

I love love love watching your girls on the blog...not to metion your stimulating naratives...topics of great interest to a fellow mom. I am generally only partial to my babies, but your girls from day one are two of the prettiest babies I've seen. Such sweet faces. Wishing you a full night sleep soon, Amber (Will's wife in case your wondering)

Erin said...

what great pictures!! i love the before and after ones - the changes are so amazing.

our "au pair" bella is going through the same sort of thing. every once in a while she'll come downstairs with a pillow/sock/slipper in her mouth, not because she wants it, but just to say "HELLO!! I WAS HERE FIRST!!"

keep the pics coming; they are so fun to look at!

Caba said...

Oh, I thought I sent you the email with the new blog address... i'm glad you found it through Faith's blog!

The girls are so beautiful and geting so big ... Don't worry, mine didn't start sleeping through until about 4.5 months ... but then it was so great! haha ... Hang in there ...

sara said...

Oh my goodness, those are priceless! I haven't seen that many twins in person, but I've never seen them cuddle like yours do in the pictures, that is awesome. It's like they are saying, yup we're twins, don't butt in to our relationship. Thanks for the good wishes, they're much appreciated :-) Yes the feeling of a spinal is crazy and not one you understand until you're had that or a epidural dosed up good enough to do surgery like a section with I believe. My friend gave me a really good spinal with a little extra because I am so tall, and it went up high enough it actually made my finger tips tingly! She even got those C8-C7 fibers and not just a T6 level they need for a cerclage. I was however grateful it didn't go up any higher :-) I hope the little ones are sleeping through the night soon, and maybe someday soon you'll get to enjoy at least a comfy bed even if it's only your own :-)