Friday, July 25, 2008

for my blogging buddies.

Since I have had many more lovelies reading my blog this week with ICLW -- (friends and family who do not blog can click on the link on the right under the red box to find out what this is all about) -- I thought I should share a little. Most of the folks who have blogs that I read have struggled with infertility. Many who are visiting my blog also struggle with that bastard. We too had our turn on the IF rollercoaster and I wanted to share a brief outline of our journey. I have never been shy about it but since I didn't start this blog until really late in my pregnancy I never went into great detail about how it all started. Oh how I wish that I would have had the support of the IF blogging world in the midst of that hell.

So if you want to check it out I will post a brief outline and if you have any questions about anything just email me. Or leave a comment if you aren't shy. The outline is on the right side of the page.

I just have to say (and this is probably the only time a post will not be about E squared) infertility SUCKS. It is so hard. Harder than anyone can imagine -- unless of course you are/have going/gone through it. We went straight to IVF because our problem was straight forward. Some folks endure MANY MANY different routes before it is realized that they have to end up going the IVF route. There are sometimes daily labs to be drawn, sometimes 3 times daily shots to be given, etc..... it's painful physically, emotionally and financially. I did not have my blogging buddies and I was not surrounded by anyone who understood what I was going through. That sucked. People try to be supportive but .... well it's just hard for all involved. So if you know someone who is going through this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be patient and kind to them. It consumed me and broke my spirit. You won't understand what they are going through so don't even try -- just be gentle with them. (i stole that last "just be gentle with them" line from my dad)..........
Sorry for the long rambling post but I needed to let all my infertile homies (yeah that's what we are infertiles)know that I am with them in the trenches........... peace out. Ok -- now I am just being ridiculous....... SAM

2 comments:

GibsonTwins said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog! A&R play well together, but they do still have their moments...
Your girls are very cute! I am bookmarking your site so I can come back, thanks!!

Leanne Helums said...

I totally agree and have also been through a lot of the same things. It is great to have someone who truly understands.