Thursday, July 3, 2008

First GIRLS TRIP !!!!

E and E had their first "girls trip" this week. They had a great time but really missed their routine. They let us know with a tad bit of grumpiness but all in all it was great times. My best friend Yvonne came to visit from Louisiana. She is Ellas godmother. Every year (before this one) she and I and our other friend Letha try to go someplace for a few days to just hang out since they both live in LA and I am way over here on the west coast. Last year we went to Florida. One year we were in Las Vegas -- our friend Kristen came along on that trip. Well, needless to say this year would be a bit challenging for me to get away and since Yvonne --- LOVES LOVES LOVES to come to visit this area -- we had a modified "girls trip". We spent a night in Bodega Bay at a beautiful lodge and spa.......... AWESOME!!!! We took the sweeties with us because I could not have been able to be away from them for an entire night but we did manage to get away Wednesday -- just the 2 of us for some yummy wine tasting. E and E stayed with daddy -- ALL DAY !!! They gave him a run for his money I hear -- but I sure had a great time.

Here is a picture of Ella with her nanny ...........(funny story about this below)
In LA we call godparents different names than much of the rest of the nation. The godmother is called nanny and the godfather is called parrain. Well as we were winetasting Yvonne would tell people who asked where she was from (heavy accent) about her being here to meet my new twins and that she was nanny of one of them. MANY people thought that she was my hired help nanny and commented on how well I treated her. Like she was my babysitter type nanny...... too funny. Even funnier after winery #2!!!!!!!!!
I don't usually dress them alike BUT sometimes I can't help myself. Since it's 4th of July week they HAD to wear these onesies this week........... so I had no choice. Oh my gosh --- baby blue jeans!!!!!!!!!!!
This is an awful shot of me -- it's early morning and we just got out of the bath at the spa we stayed at. I think it's cute of Edie wrapped in a big robe.........
This was the view of the Pacific Ocean from our room........... serenity now!!!!!!!
We had a picnic before Bodega at one of our favorite wineries. Ledson in Sonoma valley. Sorry I don't know how to link on here but google that winery and check it out. They have the best wine. Edie and Ella had a nice time lying on the lawn under the huge oak trees --- here they are. Edie then Ella............
A little soothing for Ella and a little soothing for mommy...........
Edie loves this baby doll when she is lying in her crib. She grabs it and doesn't let go........
Here is a little adorable hat and sunglass action..........

Here is Edie helping me with laundry....... nothing like the vibrating dryer!!!!!!!!












2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I got Brooklyn that "born in 2008" too! I was going to dress her in it today...but she had a little stars and stripes outfit I put on her instead :) Not that we left the house or anything. Oh well...me, hubby, and my parents thought she looked cute!

Lisa said...

I love the bunny slippers! The girls look so cute in their matching outfits. I'm glad that you had a good time! Isn't it funny and sad how the husbands react when they spend an entire day with the twins?