Friday, July 11, 2008

Lazy days of summer

Things are going well around here. I am in the midst of planning a "meet and greet" type of soiree for Edie and Ella. Since they are 4 months old now. 4 MONTHS OLD!!! How did that happen? The theme of our par-tay is Cupcakes and Cocktails........ Jon is really excited about this theme (hahaha). ((( Those of you at work who read this...... see flyer in break room))). E and E are sleeping much better -- still up 1-2 times each night BUT NOT every hour or so. Edie fights her sleep like nobodies (sp) business. She is less obsessed with fingers because she can finally get some of them into her mouth - usually 2-3 at a time - so we don't need to swaddle her anymore. Thank goodness with the heat the way it has been -- thank you mr. portable air conitioner man!!! We have been spending alot more time on the floor -- Edie can roll fairly consitently from back to front -- and that is where she gets stuck. She will swim for awhile then lets you know when she has had enough. Ella can half roll but she is persistently working on it and I believe she will roll very soon. They both LOVE LOVE LOVE to laugh -- it's is damn cute. They especially like it when we sing, dance and make faces at them. I often wonder if they are looking and laughing and thinking "what an idiot". Who are these fools?
Here are some pictures..............
Rubi says "hey remember me?"
Of course -- another photo shoot!!! I did this one for real because I sooooooooo needed to finally send out some announcements. Only 4 months too late -- but hey I got it done. It's busy 'round here. Some of you will be seeing some of these photos in your mailboxes next week.
Here is Ella posing pretty in her Alabama dress........ ROLL TIDE. (she says that when daddy is around but when it's just us she yells GEAUX TIGERS!!!)ssshhhhhhhhh don't tell daddy...
I love this awesome grin that Edie does -- too cute.
Snickering behind their dresses ........ see what I mean? geaux tigers!
Sweet feet.................
Sorry about the rotated picture here -- I don't know why it does that sometimes. But it is such a cute picture it is worth the craning of your neck.......... whatever daddy did to wear Edie out worked on him too............
Ella ........... bored in her bumbo!!! Fell asleep while watching me wash her bottles.
I got them a baby einstein DVD..... and as you can see they sort of like it.
Sorry about this picture of a picture but I loved this and had to show it off. I finally framed our professional pictures........ I wanted to have them to display for our soiree (i guess a soiree is fancier than the party we are having but it sounds fun to say soiree). I have a ton of pictures but these are soooooooooooo cute......
And yes........ don't worry. Your eyesight is not failing you. Those are Jons hands/arms in the following picture........ WASHING BOTTLES!!! I HAD to get that documented. FYI -- if you want your husband to start doing something -- make a big big deal of it. Ever since I snapped this photo, said I was putting it on the blog, etc......... Jon has washed A TON of bottles. First time for everything.......... he does do alot of other things though........ ie... diapers, diapers, diapers..... man do we change some diapers!!!!!












No comments: