Saturday, April 12, 2008

First time for everything -- even poop !!!

Edie had her very first BLOW OUT yesterday !!! All over her daddy's shirt, her leg and diaper, her onesie and the changing table pad. Jon wouldn't wait long enough for me to get the camera but I assure you it was priceless and photo worthy. As much as the girl eats I am actually suprised it hasn't happened sooner. She can sometimes eat up to 4 ounces which is the same amount as her BFF Ava Jane -- the difference is that Miss Ava is 5 months old and Miss Edie is 1 month.
Can you imagine -- 1 month old. My babies are growing up on me. They are starting to stay awake a tiny bit more during the day (and night sometimes). Some things we have learned about them so far:

Edie

still a foodie!!! Girl loves her some breastmilk -- and formula too because she eats so much I can't keep up with her. She has a mature cry -- sooooooooooooo loud and downright pitiful. The neighbors would think she was being neglected if they didn't know better. She loves to fart. Well I don't know for sure if she loves to fart but she does it very often and I can't imagine that she would do it so much if she hated it right. She loves to walk around -- especially at night. She is much larger than she was 1 month ago -- we are not sure what she weighs but it must be well over 7 pounds. She is lovely!!!!!!!

Ella

is catching up on her eating -- she no longer has to be coaxed into it. She eats 2-3 ounces each feeding -- mostly breastmilk but a little formula too because sometimes her sister eats all the breastmilk. She has more of a baby cry but like her sister -- soooooooooooooo loud and downright pitiful. She can make herself turn purple if you aren't quick enough. She LOVES to be held -- and expects it most of the time (holding her right now). She loves to stretch -- it is so darn cute -- her little arms fly up, she grunts and strains. We must get it on video before she outgrows it. She likes to be swaddled -- Edie likes her arms free. She prefers to lie on her right side. We put her down on her back but she always ends up lying on her right side with her arm out to the side. She is also lovely !!!

We are having a great time -- these babies are awesome !!! I have been taking them out quite a bit now - we had lunch with a friend this week, went to target and the grocery store. They are very cooperative!!! We are like a traveling freak show wherever we are -- it is amazing the number of people who are interested in seeing twins. It's time consuming so I have taken to avoiding eye contact much of the time because if I stopped to let everyone ooohhh and aaahhh then I may as well just stand there and let people pass us by and never get anything done. One girl said to me yesterday -- "don't tell me you have twins" then has the nerve to say "oh you poor thing" -- what the hell is so poor about it???? I mean have you seen how cute these babies are?????? I wanted to say something smarty pants but I need to be a good influence now.
I went to Starbucks alone this morning -- feeling the urge to get out by myself real quick. I took the fun BMW instead of the mommy mobile and zipped on over for our coffee. I noticed that noone even looked twice at me -- I have gotten so used to the stares when I am out with Edie and Ella that I felt a little neglected this morning. Oh well -- it's no longer about me I guess!!!!

No comments: